One of the essential aspects of running an eBay/Amazon FBA business is how you print your labels. You need one that will be a printer for eBay/Amazon FBA shipping especially. Which will be reliable and provide consistent results, no matter what type of label you are printing!
This article reviews 9 different thermal printers for eBay and Amazon FBA small business owners. We also include their specifications, buying guide, pros, and cons, so you can choose the best thermal printer for eBay shipping labels and Amazon FBA.
Is a Thermal Printer Worth It?
A thermal printer is worth it if you need to print labels that will last and remain legible. Many of the printers here can also be used for printing shipping documents like customs forms and invoices, in addition to stickers and name tags!
Benefits of Using Thermal Printer For eBay Sellers
- Reliable and free UPS labels.
- Most are able to print on different types of paper sizes, including envelopes and labels.
- The small size makes them easy to transport.
- Some have the capability for wireless printing with a WiFi connection.
- They are very affordable across all brands, which is great for small business owners.
- They are extremely easy to use, with only a few buttons and very few setups required.
- Most printers for eBay sellers are laser printers and do not require ink like inkjet printers. And that will save you money over time since they just need power in order to print the receipts or labels.
- Many of them have a label holder and an automatic cutter that is able to cut the paper after labels printed.
- Can be usable for a variety of different purposes, not just printing on receipt paper or labels.
- Some printers are able to print more than one color at once on your thermal label printer, which is great if you need something with a high level of detail and accuracy.
1. Brother QL-800: High-Speed Professional Label Printer For eBay/ Amazon Sellers
The Brother QL-800 High-Speed Professional Label Printer is the best thermal printer for eBay and Amazon FBA sellers. It has the capability to print at speeds of up to 203 mm per second. And that makes it perfect if you need a quick and efficient printer to take care of all your printing needs!
It only weighs about 0.35 pounds, so it’s easy to carry while transporting or traveling for business. This label printer is very simple and intuitive, which makes it great for users of all experience levels!
It has a premium print head & only requires an electrical connection to print since there are no ink cartridges required. It can also be used manually if the power goes out, so your printing does not get interrupted.
The QL-800 is a high quality labels printer that can be used for many applications, including printing shipping labels and eBay stickers! It can also print in up to six colors at once. Which makes it perfect if you need something with a lot of detail or accuracy.
- Very easy on shipping labels.
- High quality labels, even at 203 mm per second speeds.
- The ability to print in up to six colors makes this printer perfect for printing eBay/ Amazon stickers and name tags with logos or very detailed designs.
- This model does not have a USB cable connection, so it only works with a power source.
2. DYMO LabelWriter 450 Best Twin Turbo Thermal Label Printer for eBay/ Amazon FBA
The DYMO thermal label printer is a twin-turbo thermal printer that can print both standard and self-adhesive labels. This makes it great for printing shipping labels or name tags!
With a DYMO label printer, you have the option to use either type of paper. That’s why you can use this model in different applications, depending on your needs.
This shipping labels printer has a printing speed of up to six inches per second, which is pretty standard but still very efficient! This printer also comes with two different font styles and seven text sizes. The included free software makes it easy in case you want customized labels and prints them in seconds.
This thermal printer has the capability to connect wirelessly with a WiFi connection. That is extremely helpful if you need more flexibility or portability. It also allows for manual use even without power since there are no ink cartridges required!
This model of DYMO label printer weighs about 0.65 pounds, so it’s a bit heavier than other shipping labels printers on this list. However, it is still very easy to transport and use for business purposes.
- Prints both standard and self-adhesive shipping labels, which makes this model extremely versatile!
- This printer has the capability to connect wirelessly with a WiFi connection, which is very convenient if you need more flexibility.
- This printer has the capability to print in two different font styles, which makes it great for printing labels with logos or highly detailed information on them.
- Heavier than other printers on this list, weighing about 0.65 pounds. So it can be difficult to transport.
3. DYMO LabelManager 160 Hand Held Thermal Label Maker
This DYMO LabelManager 160 Hand Held thermal printer is a very lightweight, portable & dedicated label printer. It can print both standard and self-adhesive eBay shipping labels. It has the capability to connect via a USB connection. That is why this label maker is great for printing shipping labels from your computer or laptop!
This one comes with a built-in battery that is rechargeable. And that will allow you to use it without a power source if you need to transport it.
This model prints out labels very quickly with an impressive speed of up to four inches per second! The included software also makes printing your labels super easy and allows you the option of using two different font styles on each label.
These label makers also come with a built-in memory that can store up to 41 different label prints, which means you won’t have to resend your documents every time you make any changes!
- Very portable and lightweight, thus easy to transport if needed.
- Prints both standard and self-adhesive labels, which makes it very convenient.
- The built-in memory that can store up to 41 different label prints allows you the flexibility of not having to resend your documents every time!
- This model does not have a USB connection, so it only works with a power source.
4. Zebra ZQ500 Mobile Printer Thermal Label & Receipt Maker
This Zebra mobile printer is one of the fastest & best thermal printers for eBay and Amazon FBA business, with a printing speed of up to six inches per second! It has the capability to connect wirelessly via Bluetooth or WiFi connection, which is helpful in need of flexibility.
This label maker also comes with both standard and self-adhesive labels that are compatible with this printer. The included software makes it simple to customize your labels and print them in just seconds.
This model has a pretty high capacity of 250 prints, which is useful if you’re going to be printing different types of shipping documents. This printer also comes with an LED screen, which allows you to use this printer without power by using the manual function.
- The printing speed of up to six inches per second is very fast!
- This printer has the capability for both Bluetooth and WiFi connection, which gives it more flexibility.
- A bit heavier than other printers on this list, but still very easy to transport.
This DYMO LabelWriter 450 thermal printer is a great option for printing shipping labels on the go. And the credit goes to its portability and lightweight design. It has an impressive speed of four inches per second, which makes it very quick!
It also comes with both standard and self-adhesive compatible labels that are able to print via USB connection. And that makes this model convenient and easy to use.
There’s also an option of printing directly from your computer, tablet, or laptop. This means you won’t have to move the printer around if needed! This printer has a pretty high capacity as well, with up to 250 prints. And it includes both standard and self-adhesive labels compatible with this machine.
- Lightweight and portable design.
- Can print via USB connection.
- Printing directly from your computer, tablet, or laptop.
- High capacity as well, with up to 250 prints.
- Doesn’t have a LED screen.
6. Brother QL-810W Label Printer with Wireless Networking
This wireless printer by Brother is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. It has a pretty high capacity of 250 prints, which means you won’t have to resend your eBay/ Amazon shipping labels every time!
It also allows for printing on standard or self-adhesive-type thermal label rolls. A unique feature that this model includes is the auto-cutter options. That will allow you to choose whether you want to print more than one label at a time or your printer automatically cut your labels after printing.
This model has a printing speed of four inches per second, which is pretty fast! Brother has some printer models that print black and red labels as well, in case you want.
- This printer is lightweight and very portable, which means it’s convenient to use on the go if needed.
- The printing speed of four inches per second makes this model one of the faster & best printers with a high capacity!
7. Zebra ZQ520 Mobile Label and Receipt Printer
If you’re looking for a thermal printer that is versatile and convenient to use, this Zebra model might be a perfect choice! It has Bluetooth capability, so no cables are necessary between your device. The printing speed of six inches per second makes it pretty fast. Which means less time spent in thermal printing!
This machine can work as a direct thermal printer and print labels directly from any mobile device, including tablets or laptops, making it very easy to access with Bluetooth connection capabilities. This one is flexible when it comes to labels, as this machine uses both standard rolls and self-adhesive type label rolls!
- Very lightweight. Only four pounds, making it perfect for portability.
- It has both corded and Bluetooth connectivity options, so you can use it with many devices and print direct thermal labels.
- This direct thermal printer does not have memory card slots for connecting directly through your device without cables or cords (which may make printing labels a little more challenging).
8. ROLLO Label Printer Direct Thermal High Speed Printer
This ROLLO label printer model features a much higher printing capacity of up to 600 prints! It has both standard and self-adhesive type label rolls, so you’ll have plenty of flexibility in your choices.
No cords are required when using a Bluetooth connection, which makes it very convenient for eBay business owners who need portability during their day-to-day tasks at work or home. It is pretty effective in printing bulk mailing labels and warehouse labels as well.
The speed is also pretty fast, being able to print six inches per second, just like most other thermal printers like MFLABEL label printers. If you’re looking for a versatile printer that offers many great features for an affordable price, then ROLLO label printer be your best option yet!
- Higher thermal printing capacity of up to 600 prints.
- No cords are required when using a Bluetooth connection.
- Can print shipping labels of six inches per second, which is pretty fast.
- Does not have any cord options such as USB & memory card slot.
9. MUNBYN Label Printer: Best thermal printer for eBay and Amazon FBA
This MUNBYN shipping labels printer is one of the most versatile and best label printers on this list, with fantastic connectivity options, including USB cords and memory card slots! It comes with a printing speed of up to 150mm per second, which makes it pretty fast when compared to other thermal label printers.
Owners can choose from three different sizes (A0, A-size, or B-Size), so you’ll have plenty of choices in what paper type works best depending on your needs. In case you want FBA labels to print, this best label printer allows both standard label rolls and self-adhesive types.
MUNBYN thermal label printer makes them compatible for use with either receipts or warehouse labels that need an extra secure hold throughout shipping processes. Perfect if you’re doing business at home or work!
- It has all connection options, such as USB cords and memory card slots, so you’ll be able to connect with most devices.
- It has a very high printing capacity of up to 600 prints, which makes it perfect for busy eBay business owners who need quick results!
- Does not have Bluetooth capabilities without using cables or cords (which can make printer portability more challenging).
Features Need to be Considered Before Buying the Best Thermal Printer for eBay/ Amazon FBA Business
We have listed eight features from our top label printer to keep in mind when choosing a thermal shipping label printer for eBay/ Amazon FBA Businesses.
Resolution or print quality is important for label makers. But it may depend on how you plan to use your printer. The higher the resolution, the better-looking and more detailed your eBay labels will be. A lower resolution means a cheap thermal printer and lower label costs too!
In general, we have seen some prints up to 500mm/s, while others can only do 200mm /s or even less than that.
Ease of Use
This feature is really for those who are not very tech-savvy. Because many best eBay label printers these days come with built-in touchscreen panels, so they require little training. They also usually come preloaded with software which makes setting up easy. Also, the best printers today come wireless-ready out-of-the-box, so you can connect via WiFi or Bluetooth.
This is another important feature to consider before buying a thermal label printer for the eBay/Amazon FBA business. Almost every best printer now comes with USB, Ethernet, and WiFi connectivity out of the box. Although some are only wireless-ready, which means they need an adapter in order to work wirelessly.
Although nowadays, most people prefer using Bluetooth because it’s faster than standard WiFi connection speed, ranging from 920MHz to about +20 MHz depending on model number.
Memory capacity is mostly not very much considered when choosing a thermal shipping label printer for eBay/Amazon FBA. But if you intend to do graphics printing, then memory will become important. Also, make sure that whatever brand you choose, the label printer’s software allows you to increase its default memory capacity.
This is a really important factor to consider when buying a thermal shipping label printer for eBay or Amazon unless you want to print generic labels and compromise with your print quality. Because it determines how compatible your new printer will be with the future software you plan on using, we recommend going for big brands like Zebra, Eltron, Datamax, or Intermec rather than commercial grade label printers.
This feature is not very important but still should be considered when choosing a thermal direct label printer for eBay or Amazon FBA Businesses. Because if you’re planning on doing label printings like ID labels, address labels, and product labels, make sure that the printer can handle it. There are barcode printers available for barcode label printing in the market, so choose wisely.
The most common size being the standard 90mm x 54mm, which is compatible with all the best label printers out there, so no worries!
Size & Weight
Size and weight are important to consider when choosing a thermal label printer for eBay because it determines how portable your new purchase will be. All eBay labels printers have different sizes, so make sure you know the size of the printer before purchasing it!
Also, don’t forget that most label printers can weigh up to 30 lbs, which means they may not be easy for everyone to carry around.
FAQ of Thermal Printers for eBay or Amazon FBA Business
What size of Thermal Printers do I need?
The size you might want will depend on how many labels you plan to print at once. We recommend going for an entry-level label printer if you’re just starting out with an eBay or Amazon FBA Business. As they are very affordable and can handle up to 250mm/s speed, which is pretty fast considering it’s only an entry-level model!
Do I need a label printer to sell on eBay?
In our opinion, yes, you do, in order to do label printing for eBay sell! At least if you want to make a lot more sales and have your products delivered on time. Labels can add that extra touch making it look professional while also helping find packages within large warehouse storage systems during shipping processes. And its importance is increasing along with the popularity of online shopping trends across the globe.
Do thermal printers come with software?
Almost all label printers out there come with some sort of software that can be used to set up the label printer and print labels that are custom-designed. This is very important because it makes printing easy for those who are not tech-savvy!
Do thermal printers need power?
Yes, the best shipping label printers do require a constant source of electricity to operate efficiently without damaging or overheating your device. Make sure you check whether the one you’re planning on purchasing has an AC adapter included. Or else you will have to buy one separately, which will cost more money.
It’s also worth noting that most thermal label printers use USB cables as their primary input method. However, some may still have serial ports available too.
How long does it take a Thermal Printer To Print Labels?
Depending on the model you purchase. It can take around a few seconds all the way to over 20 minutes. It’s important to consider how long you’re going to need for one label print before purchasing. So don’t forget to do as much research as possible.
In this article, we have discussed the features you should look for in the best thermal shipping label printer for eBay and Amazon FBA when starting your new business. Questions like how to choose the best shipping label printer, and what size label printer for eBay or Amazon do I need, are also provided? This guide will be extremely helpful with choosing the right label printer if you’re just getting started with an eBay or Amazon FBA Business.
So make sure to use it as a reference before making any purchases! If you found this article useful, please give us a share. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it! 🙂