Have you ever tried closing the end of your garden hose just a little bit so you get more water pressure for your cleaning task? You may find that it isn’t enough. But when you use a gas pressure washer, you certainly get enough water pressure to blast off stubborn stains from your driveways. You will find that it even cleans decks and patios much faster than its electric counterparts.
A gas power washer has a gasoline motor to power a pump with a lot of force, and at the nozzle, you have small openings so the force of the water can get really strong. But which is the best gas pressure washer for your needs?
Top 5 Best Gas Pressure Washer Models 2021
Here are the best gas power washers you should take a look at.
Below is a detailed review of all the 5 best gas pressure washers.
With this, you also have your choice of nozzle tips. Your purchase comes with 5 different nozzle tips, with 4 color-coded nozzles ranging from 0 to 40 degrees while the last one (black) is used for the soap dispenser. There’s a siphon for the detergent instead of a tank.
This is a tough machine, and it’s made using welded steel construction and heavy gauge frame components. It also comes with 10-inch pneumatic rear wheels so you can easily pull this along on its handle. It weighs 74 pounds so carrying it around can be difficult, but pulling it doesn’t pose any difficulties.
At the sides, you have a lever around which you can wind the hose and you also have a convenient place for your wand. You also have a specially designed high-pressure hose that’s as tough as the washer itself. It is 25 feet long with a 0.25-inch diameter. It doesn’t kink and it is resistant to abrasion.
It is rather difficult to use and maintain if you’re used to electric pressure washers. The spray is very powerful most of the time, so you need to be far away from your target area if you want to reduce the pressure on the target. It’s so powerful that the spray gun will kick in your hands until you steady them.
You must turn the engine off first before you turn off the water source. Then you need to pull the trigger on the spray gun to relieve the water pressure in the hose and spray gun. Only then will you be able to remove the hose from the pump connection and the spray gun.
It’s evident that this is meant not just for those who need a powerful pressure washer for stubborn grime. It needs someone who is already familiar with gas pressure washers so this can be properly used and maintained. A newbie will just probably end up with a damaged unit in a very short time.
If you damage it, you’re done. The Simpson customer support hasn’t exactly earned a sterling reputation for helpfulness. You have a 1-year limited warranty on the pump and frame, and just a 90-day warranty on other parts. But according to those who’ve tried the Simpson customer service, they’re so unhelpful that you’re basically on your own.
- It’s very powerful. You can easily get rid of stubborn stains with this, and tidying up your driveway can be done in a very short while.
- You also have 5 different nozzle tips to choose from, so you can have the precise nozzle tip you need for a particular task.
- It’s very easy to move around.
- The hose is actually very tough and durable.
- It’s quieter than many other models.
- You have to know your way around gas engines so you can maintain this properly.
- It can be too powerful so you have to be very careful. You may end up damaging furniture with this, or even hurt people.
- The customer support is virtually non-existent.
SIMPSON Cleaning MSH3125-S is a workhorse. The hose fittings are made up of brass while other similar priced gas pressure washer comes with plastic fittings. One of the great features of this gas pressure washer is it comes with big pneumatic tires for easy movement. If you are familiar with these motors and you get a unit that works as intended, then you have a great cleaning tool.
Also read: Turn Garden Hose Into a Pressure Washer
Generac 6922 Gas Pressure Washer
Do you want a gas pressure washer that’s powerful enough to clean driveways quickly, but not too powerful that you damage the items you’re cleaning? Then you may want to check out the Generac 6922. It generates up to 2,800 psi of pressure while the flow rate is at 2.4 GPM.
To help with your tasks, you have 3 nozzles here with 0, 25, and 40-degree angles. The 4th nozzle is for your detergent. There’s also a half-gallon tank where you can put your detergent. The high-pressure hose is also 25 feet long, so you can clean a large area without having to lug the unit along with you.
This is a lightweight gas pressure washer at just 57 pounds, so pulling this along on the 10-inch “never-flat” wheels is very easy. Since you don’t need to plug this in, you can bring it anywhere. You can even use it on a job site and you won’t have too much weight to lift from your trunk.
Assembling this is easy enough as the manual shows you everything you need to do. It also starts easily enough, and you have onboard storage for the hose and the wand. The spray nozzle comes with a cushion grip for your comfort. The spray trigger doesn’t need a lot of force to pull, so it doesn’t tire you out quickly.
What you have to note is that the engine can get very hot. This means you need to warn your kids not to touch it, and you may want to be very careful yourself. You also should watch out for the hose, as it can get into contact with the engine.
The strongest 2,800 psi pressure comes with the black nozzle, but there’s a catch. It’s a pinpoint nozzle and it cleans only about a 0.25-inch wide path for each pass. Clearly, it’s only to be used for stubborn stains. You will have to buy an extra turbo nozzle so you can get the strongest pressure and still clean larger areas.
- The water pressure is strong enough, but not too strong so you don’t worry about your stuff.
- You have several options for your nozzles.
- It’s very lightweight, and with the “never flat” wheels it really is portable. The detergent tank is even included so everything is right there with you.
- For experienced gas-powered washer users, it’s very easy to put together and maintain.
- The spray gun is easy to use.
- You need to buy an extra turbo nozzle so you can use the full 2800 pressure for larger areas.
- It can get a bit noisy.
- It’s so lightweight that you may have to hold it down when you start it.
- The motor can get really hot.
Generac 6922 can work well at lower water pressure. You can adjust the pressure according to your need. Unlike SIMPSON Cleaning MSH3125-S & PS3228-S, it comes with only 4 different nozzle tips. Assembling is quite easy. The gas pressure washer is easy to start.
Many people don’t buy gas-powered washers for the ultra-powerful pressure. In many cases, it’s just that they don’t want to be bothered and limited by a power cord. If that’s your deal, then the Karcher G 2700 may be the model you need.
With this washer, you get 2700 psi and 2.5 GPM. That’s powerful enough to get rid of mildew and mold without having to use chemicals.
This comes with 5 “quick connect” nozzles, with 5 offering different spray patterns for various cleaning jobs. Unlike other models that offer just 4 different nozzles for 0, 15, 25, and 40-degree spray patterns, the 5th one can be used for your detergent and also for a 65-degree spray pattern.
This also includes a 25-ft high-pressure hose that you can wind and set by the side of the unit. There’s a handle that also folds so you can minimize your storage space needs. It also comes with an onboard 0.4-gallon detergent tank, so you can bring it along with you more easily. The unit only weighs 48.5 pounds, and you can easily pull it with you on its 8-inch pneumatic tires.
The trigger gun is a commercial grade, and it also has a child safety lock so your kids can’t play with it. It’s very tough with a welded steel frame, and the axial cam pump has an aluminum head. It’s tough enough that the pump has a 2-year warranty while the engine warranty is even longer at 3 years.
- Although it’s not as powerful as other gas pressure washers, it can get the job done. The reduced power also means it’s less likely to destroy the items you want to clean off.
- If you know your way around motors of this type so you can deal with the gas and oil requirements, it’s easy enough to use.
- The different nozzle tips are great for a wide variety of tasks.
- It’s very convenient to have an onboard detergent tank.
- It’s very durable.
- It’s also lightweight and easy to bring along.
- Storage isn’t a problem as it’s quite compact.
- If you’re a newbie to these types of washers, you may be in for a bad time. The manual doesn’t explain everything you need to know, so you may have to go online for additional info.
- It can be a problem finding a way to contact customer support.
This is a very versatile washer and its pressure level is not overly strong so that it’s too much for some tasks. It’s fairly easy to use and maintain, but only if you’re already familiar with these types of washers. If you’re not, it can get problematic right away.
SIMPSON Cleaning PS3228-S
For many, the 3200 psi at 2.8 GPM is more than sufficient. It uses a fairly high tech Honda GX200 OHV Engine that’s easy to start and is fairly reliable. It uses a cast-iron cylinder for enhanced durability. It even has an oil alert system that automatically shuts the engine down if your oil level has become too low.
It also meets CARB and EPA emission standards, so you don’t have to feel too guilty about the fumes it produces. It’s a very durable engine and it comes with a 3-year commercial limited warranty. What that means is that you can use this for commercial applications and you don’t void the warranty.
The triplex air pump is special as well. It features unique “Powerboost Technology” that helps put out greater water pressure at the nozzle. The pistons are made of ceramic for greater durability and the forged brass head has been designed to handle high pressure. It also has a thermal relief system that keeps the pump from overheating. The warranty for this air pump is even longer as it is a 5-year commercial limited warranty.
The frame is very rugged in its construction, as it uses a solid steel axle, a welded steel frame, and heavy-gauge components. It comes with 5 “quick connect” nozzles, and a siphon tube for your detergent. The pressure hose is 25 feet long with a 5/16-inch diameter, and it’s resistant to marring, kink, and abrasions.
This comes with 10-inch pneumatic tires at the rear, and you’re going to need those to tote this around. It weighs a hefty 83 pounds. At least it also comes with storage for your accessories. The spray gun is also professional-grade and it has a safety lock-out.
- This is quite powerful, and you can use it for jobs like cleaning your deck and removing graffiti. It’s pretty much a commercial-grade option.
- It’s very durable (at least if you get a good one).
- It starts easily enough.
- It doesn’t guzzle gas.
- You have to be very careful where you buy this from. It seems some sellers don’t pack it properly, so you get a lot of dinged parts after the delivery.
- There have been numerous complaints about just how unhelpful the customer support people are. So despite the longest warranty periods for the motor and air pump, you may have to pay for the repairs yourself if you get a bad one.
Conclusion: With a 3200 PSI Honda Engine, SIMPSON Cleaning PS3228-S offers lots of power. It comes with 5 different nozzle tips so that you can clean the different surfaces with ease. It is easy to start. The unit is compact. Changing oil is easy
This time, you have a Generac 6602 that doesn’t require you to do those things. You still have 3 nozzle options, with one for the 0-degree angle, another for the 25-degree angle, and the last for the soap. But this time, you also have the convenient PowerDial feature. This lets you turn a dial to adjust the strength of the spray.
This means that while you can go up to 3100 psi, you can also dial it back down to 2000 psi. The water flow can also reach up to 2.8 GPM so if you’re in a hurry or you need to get rid of a stubborn piece of grime, you can do so.
This comes with a fairly long 30-ft high-pressure hose. At the end of it, you also have a spray gun that’s easy to hold and a trigger that’s easy to pull.
The design really focuses on making things easy for you. The axial pump comes with more accessible hose connections, so you don’t have to kneel down on the ground to connect the hose.
The handle folds so you can transport and store the unit without any problem. It comes with large tires, so it’s not too hard to pull it along. It weighs 68 pounds though, so you may need another person to help you lift it from your trunk if you use it on a job site.
It’s easy to use because the control panel designed so well. The markings on it are very clear, and it’s easy to start. The power dial even has 4 different categories of jobs so you can set it at the right pressure level. It starts with delicate tasks (like washing your car, which is the icon for the level), common residential tasks, cleaning fences, and heavy-duty.
It also comes with a detergent tank that’s sizeable at 0.7 gallons and it’s even drainable. You can just clean it with your run of the mill garden hose.
- The water pressure is adjustable, which is a truly excellent feature. You can use it for your car and for heavy-duty cleaning jobs.
- It’s not really all that heavy.
- It comes with a soap dispenser that you can drain.
- It’s very durable if take the time to read the manual carefully. It says that you have to change the oil after the first 5 hours of use.
- It doesn’t use up too much gas.
- The wheels are wide and are 11 inches in diameter.
- It’s easy to store.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- This isn’t CARB-compliant, so if you’re in California then you can’t use this.
- You will get a lot of problems if you try to use this without reading the manual first.
The variable setting alone is worth the price of admission, as it’s extremely convenient and useful. This lets you use it for a wide variety of tasks. For many residential users, this is a great choice
Gas Pressure Washer Buying Guide
Instead of just a simple garden hose, you have a hose from your water faucet to the pressure washer and another hose from the pressure washer to the wand that releases the water. The pressure washer has an air pump, and this is powered by a gasoline motor so you’re not limited to working near a power outlet. The air pump moves the water with greater force, and the wand at the end of the water hose has different types of openings for different cleaning tasks.
So how do you pick the best gas power washer? Here are some of the factors you need to focus on:
- Power ratings – You need to know how fast the water flows, and this is measured in gallons per minute (GPM). Then you also need to see the pressure level of the water, and this is in pounds per square inch (psi). Typically, the gas pressure washers can put out a much greater force than their electric counterparts.
- Noise levels – Since you have a motor here that resembles the motors of cars and traditional lawnmowers, you’re going to create a lot of noise. The best gas pressure washers try to least minimize the ruckus.
- Nozzle options – The type of nozzle you need depends greatly on the type of cleaning you have to do. You may want a concentrated spout to remove a stubborn grease stain on your driveway, or you may want a wide-angle spray so you can clean your patio very quickly. So you should have lots of options regarding the nozzle tip.
- Portability – These gas power washers don’t have to be near an electric socket, so they should be mobile. They should feature a handle and a set of wheels at the rear.
- Ease of use – This is the catch-all factor that takes into account how easily you can use a particular model of a gas pressure washer. The controls should be simple and connecting various nozzles and wands should pose no difficulty.
- Durability – How long can this last? Here you should look at the quality of the build and the length of the warranty.
- Customer support – It’s very common to have questions and issues with your pressure washer, so the manufacturer should have a way to provide answers quickly for their customers.
If you need a powerful pressure washer or you want to clean things up quickly, then you certainly need the best gas pressure washer for your needs. Gas pressure washers are more powerful than the electric pressure washer, and it’s certainly a much better option than an ordinary garden hose. With the right gas power washer, you can clean patios and decks and get rid of stubborn stains from driveways and walls in no time at all.
Changed your mind and want to buy an electric pressure washer but not sure which one? read our sun joe spx3000 review.